Tonight I was in the garage, working on a clients project, a tv console. This particular project is a huge deal for me, as I’ve designed it completely myself. No pictures to go by, no magazines to look it. This is truly an original design.
I got the legs all dimensioned properly, and then I started working on the side stretchers….the horizontal pieces that connect the legs together. There are 2 on each side, top and bottom.
At one point after cutting them to final width, it appeared to me that they weren’t quite the same width. They may have varied by as much as 1/64th, maybe 1/32″. A few passes with the handplane knocked down all the high spots and brought them all down to the same width. And the finish is absolutely satin….
And it made for a cool picture.